Monday 23 January 2017

My 2016 earnings review

With 2016 now over, it's time to give you an update on my first full year in the investing game.

My 2016 has, for many reasons, been extremely successful.
For example, in this year I started to envision my master plan for financial freedom. I also started to keep a detailed progress report to continuously monitor my progress and I now want to share few details with you.

First of all, let's take a look at the total net dividends collected.


As you can see in the graph above, my best month of the year has been December, followed by August and July.
In December I collected £68.42 net, an astonishing result considering how recently I started my investing journey!

My cumulative performance also shows something interesting. The payment rate is accelerating, and this is an expected outcome considering that I have started new positions throughout the year.


Some of the positions started have yet to pay their first dividend, so even if I decided not to invest a penny in 2017, my annual performance would still outperform last year's! This gets me really excited 😊.


The total for the year amounts to £400.72, or £33.39 per month on average. This is a truly respectable number, a number that I can't wait to beat this year!.
One of my objectives for 2017 is in fact to collect over £750 in net dividends, a goal that should not be impossible to achieve if the markets continue to behave.

You can have a look at my full list of objectives for 2017 here.
Thanks for reading.

Yours,

The Gentleman Investor

No comments:

Post a Comment