Tuesday 3 January 2017

2017

It has been a while since my last post.
What can I say, I got a bit busy during the second half of the year... sorry!



First of all let me thank @Liquid Independence as he posted a nice comment reminding me that I have I job to do here, that is to keep my readers updated :-) Thanks Liquid, you rock man!

So, the new year is the perfect excuse to take a look at 2016 and draw some conclusions.
2016 has been a great year professionally. The new job brought some refreshed ambition and higher pay! With the increased earnings I have been able to boost my savings, investments and ideas.
The the money starts flowing, you have a chance to become creative.

Let's start from my 2016 objectives. I could not be more excited to say that I smashed them!
I thought that some of them were really tough, but it looks like I am a good climber.

My 2016 objectives were:

  • Generate $1500 in passive income (projected over 12 months)
  • Increase my net worth by over 100%
  • Save in excess of £2,500 each and every quarter of 2016
  • Save more than £25,000 in calendar year 2016

On 31st Dec 2016 my end of year snapshot was:

  • $1517 in projected passive income over then next 12 month period
  • My net worth at the end of the year was £52,035 (which represents a +107% increase year on year)
  • I have consistently managed to beat my saving target for the four quarters
  • I saved a total of £26,892, part of which was invested
I feel very proud for the progress made during the last 12 months.

To help me achieve my passive income goal, I purchased the following stocks over the second half of 2016:

x15 Johnson&Johnson (JNJ) @ $117.20
x30 Verizon (VZ) @ $50.00
x35 AT&T (T) @ $36.50
x35 Unilever (LON:ULVR) @ GBX3200
x10 iShares J.P. Morgan $ Emerging Markets Bond ETF (LON:SEMB) @ GBX8650


I am very excited for some of the names above, as I think they really are quality stocks that any dividend investor should own.

Last but not least I am working on the 2017 objectives. I will soon publish a new post to introduce them.

As always, thanks for reading.
Yours,

The Gentleman Investor

No comments:

Post a Comment