Sunday 7 August 2016

First Half Year financial review (HY16)

Welcome to my H1 2016 review.
The first half of the year has gone and it is now time to review the performance of my net worth and holdings for the first 6 months of 2016.


Dividends received to date



My best month so far has been April. Based on historical values and in conjunction with the drop in the USD:GBP exchange rate (following Brexit), I expect July to beat by a wide margin my previous record of £36.53.

Net Worth


Back in May, I updated my objectives for Net Worth and overall Savings for calendar year 2016. By the end of the year I am targeting a whopping £50,000 (£50,286 to be precise) which will mean I have been able to double my net worth in 12 months!
I hold really high hopes for this one :-)

Portfolio performance in H1


Overall my first half of 2016 has brought me a +14.43% overall performance. Please bear in mind this includes addition of fresh capital (which basically accounts for all the growth achieved so far unfortunately). So very little organic growth so far, but my portfolio is well positioned to benefit for the eventual market recovery we may see in the coming months and years.
You can clearly see the "Brexit effect" towards the end of the graph, which generated a dip in my portfolio value.

Santander 123

Few months back I decided to open the Santander 123 current account. For those who don't now it, essentially it is a current account offering a very nice interest on balance. For sums up to £20,000 it pays a generous 3% interest tax free. Only downside is its monthly cost, which is £5.
I started building a cash position into this account as I wanted to diversify my sources of passive income whilst keeping a very liquid asset at the same time.
I am very positive about this current account as it now contributes solidly to the $1215 projected passive income over the next 12 months period.

Yours,

The Gentleman Investor

No comments:

Post a Comment