Sunday 3 July 2016

June 2016 portfolio update

June 2016 has been a crucial month for my strategy and annual objectives.

June represents the second month after I decided to maximise the ISA allocation for the current tax year (£15,240).
Well, I couldn't be more pleased to share with you my latest additions to my portfolio!


The June 2016 additions to my portfolio:

  • x15 DIS @ $98
  • x431 LON:VOD @ GBX 229.5 (or £2.29)
Disney is a fantastic company. I already had 10 shares in it, but I couldn't wait to increase my position. With great films in its future pipeline and the Shanghai Disneyland opening this month, it's only about time that this investment will turn into profits.

Vodafone was a surprise even to myself, I have to admit. I wanted to increase my presence in telco sector (my other position in in AT&T, although a fairly small one). Its yield close to 5% and the fact that it was going ex-div during the first week of June made me do it. This way I will qualify for the next dividend distribution, and you can never really say no to a 5% yielding opportunity!

These additions to my portfolio represent a juicy $90.1 of extra dividend income in the next 12 months.
As you can see, I have started the 2016 tax year with full throttle (click here to see my additions in May).
I have now invested £4,063 out of the £15,240 total allocation for the 2016 tax year. That is over 26% of the available allocation with 9 months to go to the end of March 2017, which is the deadline to use the allocation.

In few words: doing great!

My ISA investment progress @ June 2016

Quick comment on June

June has been challenging for investors. The markets have registered considerable losses in the first half of the month.
This is definitely influenced by the Brexit referendum in the UK which has created weakness in the Euro area (and of course in the UK). You can read about my analysis on Brexit and its impact on my portfolio here.

Interestingly, given my exposure to US stocks and the drop of the British Pound vs the US Dollar has allowed me to record a nice performance despite the recent market weakness.

However, given the current moment of uncertainty, I have decided to wait for this condition to stabilise before adding to any existing positions or creating new ones. You can find an explanation of my updated strategy here.

Of course I will keep you updated through my Twitter account of my purchases. I am always keeping an eye on few stocks that would propel my portfolio to the stratosphere! Just waiting for the right prices...

Yours,

The Gentleman Investor

No comments:

Post a Comment